Coating a Cannon for Conservation

2016-01-27T08:00:28-05:00January 27th, 2016|

The Keeper’s House at the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum is currently undergoing a big change. This spring will see the opening of a new, large exhibit focusing on the underwater archaeology conducted by the Lighthouse Archaeological Maritime Program staff. The new exhibit, called Wrecked!, will explain the process of finding, excavating, researching and conserving the 1782 British Loyalist shipwreck (known sometimes at the Storm Wreck) as well as displaying the numerous artifacts from the [...]