The St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum is proud to partner with Farm Share in hosting an event for St Johns County residents that will provide food to individuals and families in need on Tuesday, August 4, 2020.
- We will be distributing 42,000 pounds of food through drive-thru distribution in the parking lot of the Ponce de Leon Mall in front of Belk Department Store beginning at 9:00 am until 12:00 noon.
- To adhere to CDC guidelines, all volunteers will wear gloves and masks, and the attendees are asked to remain in their vehicle and open their trunk to receive items.
- Items for distribution will include produce, non-perishable foods, dairy and other items. In addition, the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum will be distributing 600 new school backpacks with supplies for local children at a first come, first serve basis.
“The need in our community continues to grow and has been made worse by the pandemic and the loss of jobs and income. As a non-profit organization, we are honored to give back to those in need in our local community,” said Executive Director Kathy Fleming of the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum.
We would like to thank our community partners for their generous in-kind contributions:
- Belk Department Store, St. Augustine, FL
- Wilson Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.
- Sunbelt Rentals
- Lincolnville Museum and Cultural Center
About Farm Share: Farm Share, established in 1991, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that works daily to make sure that food-insecure Floridians receive the food and support they need. Last year, Farm Share distributed more than 88 million pounds of food to more than 17.5 million households residing in all of Florida’s 67 counties. Of the 88 million pounds of food distributed, more than 20 million pounds were fresh healthy fruits and vegetables.